- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- Good pinch of crushed dried chillies
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3tbsp Apricot Conserve
- 1 egg, for glazing
- 375g pack Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 500g salmon fillet, skinned
Serve with fresh broccoli.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Cook the onion, ginger and pepper in the oil until the onion is soft. Put in a bowl and add the dried chillies, soy sauce, dried apricots and apricot conserve. Set aside to cool. Lightly beat the egg with a small pinch of salt.
- Lay the pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll to make it slightly thinner.
- Put the apricot mixture in the middle of the pastry and lay the salmon on top. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg and fold over to make a neat parcel. Trim off any excess pastry.
- Put on a baking sheet, join- side down. Brush with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes.