Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms.
2 tablespoons butter
5 slices streaky bacon
285g frozen spinach, roughly chopped
12 large mushrooms
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
85ml double cream
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Grease a baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, dice and set aside.
3. Place spinach in a medium saucepan with 4 tablespoons water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook spinach covered 10 minutes. Uncover and stir. Remove from heat and drain.
4. Remove stems from mushrooms. Arrange caps in the baking dish. Finely chop stems.
5. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and mix in onion and garlic. Cook until tender, then mix in bacon, spinach, chopped mushroom stems and double cream. Bring cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese
6. Stuff mushroom caps generously with the mixture. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Serves 12 mushrooms